办公室便利贴英语对话

学人智库 时间:2018-02-08 我要投稿
【www.unjs.com - 学人智库】

  这是小编分享的一篇办公室便利贴英语对话,一起来看看吧。

  SCENE C 吉娜与玛莉同坐在飞往洛城的班机上

  Zina: We're going to blow WebTracker out of the water. Trust me.

  吉娜: 我们会让“网路搜寻家”出局的。相信我。

  Mary: I believe you, Zina.

  玛莉: 我相信你,吉娜。

  Zina: Mary, can I ask you something? What color are your post-it notes?

  吉娜: 玛莉,我能问你个问题吗?你的便利贴是什么颜色?

  Mary: My post-it notes? Pink, I think. Why?

  玛莉: 我的便利贴?我想是粉红的吧,怎么?

  Zina: Are you sure they aren't green? It's OK if they are. Just be 1) honest.

  吉娜: 你确定不是绿色?是也无妨。老实说就好。

  Mary: I'm pretty sure they're pink. Did I do something wrong?

  玛莉: 我很确定是粉红色的。我做错了什么吗?

  Zina: No. Pink is OK. Stick with pink.

  吉娜: 没有。粉红很好。不要换。

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

  语言详解

  A: Why is he so upset?

  他怎么那么难过?

  B: I told him he's getting fat. I was just being honest.

  我跟他说他变胖了。我只是说实话而已。

  【blow...out of the water 击溃……】

  blow...out of the water是指“把……打得落花流水”,意即让对方溃不成军:

  A: How was the basketball game last night?

  昨晚的篮球赛如何?

  B: The Lakers blew the Pistons out of the water.

  湖人队把活塞队打得溃不成军。

  【stick with... 坚持……】

  stick with something 是指“坚持(某事)”,也就是不轻言放弃,不轻易更换:

  A: What's the best way to learn English?

  学英文最好的方法是什么?

  B: Stick with the basics until you know them really well.

  坚守住基本原理,直到你了然于心。

  1) honest (a.) 诚实的