这是外贸英语中有关商保的情景对话,一起来看看吧。
business about financial insurance
商保事宜
a: this batch of goods will be expected to korea. the details are all filled out on an application for insurance no. 4893032.
这批货出口到韩国。具体细节都填在4893032号申报单上了。
b: has this batch of goods made reservation on open policy oc293338 too?
这批货也是预约保险单oc293338上的了?
a: yes, i also want to ask if the insurance term is about to expire.
是的,我还想问问,保险期是不是快到了?
b: i was about to talk with you about this. i guess you want to renew the insurance.
我正想和您谈这件事呢。我猜您是想续保吧?
a: yes.
是的。
b: but you have already proposed claims for compensation 4 times this year. so we have to adjust the premium accordingly.
但是,今年贵方已经提出4次索赔了。根据这个情况,我们必须相应调整保费了。
a: do you mean that the insurance premium will be increased?
你的意思是要提高保险金额吗?
b: yes.
是的。
短语学习
1. fill out 填写
eg. have you filled out your custom form?
你填完海关的上应表格了吗?
eg. please fill out the application form.
请填写这份申请单。
2. make reservation 预定
eg. if you want to go to the concert, you'll have to make reservation.
如果你想去听音乐会,你得事先预订。
eg. that sounds reasonable. let me think it over. and i'll call your back to make reservation.
这个听起来很合适。让我考虑一下。然后我会给你回电话预定的。
词汇学习:
1. expire
vi. 期满;终止;死亡;呼气
vt. 呼出(空气)
eg. be about to expire 快要过期了
eg. no one knows what will happen when those leases expire.
没有人知道这些租约期满后将会发生什么。
eg. we assume that a calculator will expire after some period of inactivity.
我们假定在一段活动周期以后计算器将终止。
2. renew
vt. 使更新;续借;复兴;重申
vi. 更新;重新开始
eg. renew the insurance 续保
eg. this is the moment when we must renew the goal of a world without nuclear weapons.
在这个关键时刻,我们必须重申建立一个没有核武器的世界的目标。
eg. i urge everyone to look at world water day as another occasion to renew their commitment to providing clean, safe water to all who need it.
我鼓励每一个人把世界水日看作是重申他们承诺的另一个机会,向所有有所需求的人提供洁净安全的水。
3. accordingly
adv. 因此,于是;相应地;照著
eg. accordingly, we may not bother to help them by hurting them.
因此,我们可能不操心通过伤害来帮助他们。
eg. if you have specific issues that you wish to deal with, then increase this accordingly, perhaps every day for a few weeks.
如果你要处理某些具体问题,那就相应的增加自我催眠,可能在几周的时间里每一天都进行。
eg. one of our contributions as a global institution is to ensure that the world understands that and takes action accordingly.
作为一个全球机构,我们的贡献之一就是保证世界明白这个道理并采取相应的行动。