- 相关推荐
美国人说:想显示自己就吹喇叭吧
天哪,美国人这样说英语:blow one's own horn想显示自己就吹喇叭吧!
形容大话王的词汇
1.boastful 爱吹牛的
I can't stand him.He's just a boastful.
我实在是受够他了,他太爱吹牛了。
2.be all talk只会说空话
He's all talk I wouldn't take him too seriously if I were you.
他只会说空话,我要是你的话,就不会把他的话放在心上。
3.boast 自夸
He always boasting about how clever his children are.
他总是夸夸其谈他的孩子有多聪明。
4.brag 吹牛
I wish she'd stop bragging about how rich her husbaand is.
我希望她不要再吹牛说她丈夫多有钱了。
5. name dropping通过提知名人物以示相识而抬高自己身份
"When I met the hillbilly cat,"said Steve,name dropping, "He seemed a very nice man."
史蒂夫自夸说:“我见过猫王,他看起来非常亲切。”
老蒙的休息时间
6.be die to(for)
I'm dying......
我,我快要死了……
I'm dying for a cup of coffee.
我想喝杯咖啡,想死了!
I'm dying to see her again......
我受不了了,我想见到她……
I'm dying to see my baby......
我实在太想见我家宝宝了~
You're cool as a cucumber.
你真是胸有成竹。
cool as a cucumber 不是说像黄瓜一样清凉,而是说一个人在大事面前还能不紧不慢的。
He is alwas as cool as a cucumber.
他本来就是个胸有成竹的人。
脑筋急转弯
Q: What kind of pool can't you swim in?
A: A car pool.
Q: If six children and two dogs were under just one umbrella,How come none of them got wet?
A: It wasn't raining.
地道美语
1.Your son is the spitting image of you.
你儿子跟你简直是一个模子里刻出来的。
2.Are you blackmailing me?
你在威胁我吗?
3.Nope,it doesn't ring a bell.
不知道,想不起来。
4.You are going to have to face the music.
请你后果自负。
5.Charity begins at home.
仁爱先及亲友。
6.I'm really burned out.
我累得精疲力尽了。
7.You two should kiss and make up.
你俩快和解吧。
8.I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
我会为你祈祷的。
9.It runs in my family.
这是家族遗传。
10.Dream on!Get real!
别做梦了!醒醒吧!
11.The stork came last night.
做议案晚上生的宝宝。
12.Swimming is a good exercise for increasing your staying power.
游泳是一项可以增加耐力的好运动。
13.He liked to blow his own horn.
他喜欢自吹自擂。
【美国人说:想显示自己就吹喇叭吧】相关文章:
想口齿伶俐?学学美国人说绕口令05-04
我想对自己说作文03-26
我想对自己说作文03-27
我想对自己说优秀作文04-27
我想对自己说初中作文11-02
未来的自己我想对你说作文02-20
自己动手吧05-01
战胜自己吧!04-30
回到过去,我想对当年的自己说的话04-29
想对女友说05-02